Thursday 30 August 2012

Play Date Cafe

Hi there.  Today’s little card for the latest Play Date Cafe Challenge was a real challenge but in the end I think/hope I got there.  You will have to let me know what you think.
Combining set colours and set goodies can be really tough at times but I’m a girl that likes to rise to a challenge so here’s what I came up with.

PDCC 147




I received this gorgeous little cat (Halloween Kitty) from gel-a-Tins, (thank you gel-a-Tins!) our sponsor for this week and knew straight away that it was going to be really good fun to colour.  I then checked our gallery for the weekly colours and we have this beautiful bird and some lovely colours, but how to combine??

IMG_1443[1]
This cat stamped beautifully and it’s a lovely image to colour. I used the two pink shades for my cat, the teal for the hat and I needed a touch of green for some grass.  With a little bit of thinking outside of the box I managed to get it sorted.  Anyway, I have to keep reminding myself we are a challenge blog, and that’s how creativity often happens, don’t ya think?  It’s good to push ourselves to create outside of our normal boundaries and see where it takes us.  What was great too was that I have hardly ever used those Copic colours so finally they got a dust off!

I really hope you join in too, it will be fun to see what you come up with.  Don’t forget to check out the main PDCC blog for the DT creations and also for all the details of the prizes up for grabs.

Thanks for popping by!

5 comments:

  1. You did good girl! I always think a four colour combo is harder, and especially when you have a pre-determined image! Love the Copic colouring, it's really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Ruby! I love how you colored the kitty-it looks so much better than mine! You should pull out the Copics more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I just love your coloring on that little kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved