Sunday 24 June 2012

Make Lemonade & A Patriotic Card

Hi there.  I’m back today with a little project for you for Paper Issues.  The latest challenge is Picnics and Patriots.  I chose this little stamp set because I thought it would be fun to make lemonade to bring along to a picnic, don’t ya think?!
PI 230612
First up is the card. 
PI 230612a
I covered the card base with kraft, then die cut the label. Firstly a larger one in black and then another smaller one in white.  I die cut the banner in white and then after cutting the sentiment into two (eek… I know… cutting stamps scares some people, but sometimes it’s just gotta be done!) I stamped the banner and attached it to the panel.  I stamped and Copic coloured the pitcher, glass and lemon.

The bottom part of the card is a monarch border by MFT and some more gingham paper.  (All paper by Authentique).  I tied on the twine and added the lemon.  (I’m sure I saw this done by someone else somewhere but I can’t seem to find who so if it was you, thank you for the inspiration!  If anybody knows who please can you let me know because I really like to acknowledge those I’ve been inspired  by).  Speaking of inspired I was inspired by this sketch over at Inspired by Stamping..
IBSIC-#14
and also by Lawnscaping Challenge’s Color Splash. 

I liked the idea of this challenge, it’s a little bit like our colour splashes over at The Play Date Cafe but instead of it being just black and white with a pop of colour, it’s to use neutrals with a pop of colour.  Next up is the little bag..
PI 230612b
Following the same theme I made up the little bag and then added the strips of kraft and gingham paper and the little black die cut banner.  To finish I added the little doily and my Copic coloured lemonade pitcher and glass using foam dots.

Last up is the little recipe card..
PI 230612c
Using kraft I covered the white card base and then just added the little black banner and some yellow gingham.  I tied on some twine and then added the little Copic coloured lemon.  My writing changed halfway through writing out the recipe, it looks like I was on the Limoncelllo when I made it lol.

I made this set for a very special friend of mine and there’s a little story behind it.  When we were on honeymoon in Sorrento, Italy, we found these amazing enormous lemons so as a joke we brought one back for her and said she would have to make some lemonade for us.  She agreed, but when she cut open the lemon this was what she got…
IMG_1324[1]
The lemon in the middle is about the size of a large lemon that we would normally buy here in the UK!  When she tried to juice it she barely got juice of one lemon, never mind the 5-6 we had estimated it would be lol.  So as a little joke I bought her the Lawn Fawn ‘Make Lemonade’ stamp set and made her the little recipe card with a lemonade recipe I found on line here.  Isn’t this set the ca-utest!!  It just makes you smile and it’s really fun to colour.  Speaking of colour the Copics I used where Y19, Y15 and Y11, with BG10 for the glass.
Make Lemonade
So for my news… This will sadly be my last post with Paper Issues, but I will still be popping by there from time to time. I’m doing a coaching course and studying is taking up a lot of my time so I needed to cut back on some stuff.  I’ve had such a great time on the team, all of the girls are so incredibly gifted, in fact I still pinch myself as to how I ever got on the team in the first place!  Cassie Box is super talented too and I’ve nicknamed her the ‘Banner Queen’!  She does the most amazing banners, in fact she got me into making them.

We have an extra giveaway for you too,we are giving away this Pink Paislee Declaration Paper Pack..

Pink Paislee Declaration Paper Pack with Sticker Elements
 
Well that’s it from me today.  I hope you enjoyed my little project.  As this challenge is all about Picnics & Patriotic I thought I would finish by leaving you with the little card I created for my very first challenge theme at Paper Issues
PI 020711
If you’ve never played along it’s simple, you just have to find/make a project that fits in with the theme and link it up, that’s it!  There’s also some fab goodies in the Paper Issues Shop so pop on over there and if you use my code, Ruby 2 Shoes, you will get a 20% discount.

Have fun!


21 comments:

  1. Oh Ruby that lemonade set you made is just gorgeous :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Ruby! And what a fun idea to add a recipe! lol ;)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lemonade set- maybe I should take mine out of the packaging and use it LOL! And your patriotic card is so cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruby, this card and bag are Darling! I LOVE the little lemon on the twine and the stamps you used! LOVE the bag and the recipe, too! Your patriotic card is CUTE, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and bag :) Love color combo and all details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rock the challenge...and such a fun story behind the lemonade theme:) We'll miss you over at PI but I'll still be poppin' over here because I love your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling gift set!!!! Very Inspiring and the challenge card is wonderful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby, this is cute, CUTE, cute!! I never saw this LF set before, but I feel a strong urge to buy it. ;) (thanks for enabling, oh friend of mine...)

    And I am SO excited to see you playing with us at Inspired by Stamping! I said, "ooo! It's Ruby!!" when I saw your link there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards and I love the matching bag. Thanks for joining us at IBSIC. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling creations! Love the set! Screams summer fun! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lemonade set is so darling and I love the story behind it! Your other card is really great too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEK Ruby, you sure know how to impress girl!! I love the lemonade set you made - CUTENESS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that is one cute set you've made. I just LOVE it!! Thanks for playing with our color splash challenge at Lawnscaping :) xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card, bag and that fabby recipe are SOOO CUTE!!! That little lemon is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your great lemon story -- I have a similar one -- our neighbor had 2 fruit trees & 1 died, so thinking it was his lemon tree, he planted another lemon tree to replace it! You guessed it; he now has TWO lemon trees! One day we found a bag on our doorstep containing these HUGE lemons! He had left them, saying they were from his trees, but they were actually grown in Tucson, AZ (we're about 1 1/2 hours north) and I cannot now recall their name! It was sooo funny, as we were shocked he could grow such lovely lemons! They were much larger inside than the one you brought back for your friend though; perhaps it was not a good growing season that year in Italy?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love your cards! They are just so adorable! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little, lemonade set is absolutely the cutest, Ruby! All that kraft, paired with the yellow and pops of black, is delish! And you are the queen of big, luscious bows!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your lemonade project! SO cute and the yellow pops so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love your lemonade patriotic projects and also that first card at the end. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this set!!! You are so fabulous! I am so fortunate to have had you on the team and gotten to know you. Good luck with your coaching!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved