Thursday 19 April 2012

Play Date Cafe #128

Yay, it’s Play Date Cafe day today so time for some more gorgeousness in terms of colour.  I LOVE this week’s colours. 

PDCC 128
I always swoon over cards made by Dawn McVey and wanted to try my hand at one in her style where she has the layered panel at the top.  This card came together fairly quickly, the central panel was just script paper that I distressed with the Tim Holtz distress tool and then inked it up with tea dye. I then overstamped it with the sentiment. The various die cut elements were then just stacked up layer on layer.

I hope you’ve enjoyed popping by today and that you will play along with this scrumptious colour palette.  Our suggested colours this week are flamingo pink, bright orange and white.
story128 flamingo pink, bright orange, white
Pop on over to the main blog to see some inspiration from the rest of the DT girls and details of the prize up for grabs, PDCC is the sponsor this week!
PDCC HeaderI look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery!

Thanks for popping by.  (If you need any supply details just drop me a note)

11 comments:

  1. I can tell by your blog you love these colors Ruby and I do too!! This is a beautiful card! I love that butterfly - great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...FAB color combo to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Ruby! I love the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! You really did a great job with these colors--LOVE those butterflies! And you did a great job at Dawn's style! LOOOOOOOOOVE! And I LOVE your distressing on that text panel. YOU AMAZE ME:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nod to Dawn is absolutely spot on Ruby...I love the layered label and such a pretty design for the yummy colours , gorgeous card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, yummy. look at those gorgeous colors and LOVE how you layered the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Ruby & I think you pulled off a Dawn card excellently. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card Ruby, love the faun die cut layers under your sweet butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cool birthday card girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Fabulous card Ruby! Love that butterfly in the centre.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great CASE of Dawn's fabulous style! LOVE all those layered dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved