Thursday 26 January 2012

Play Date Cafe & A Fond Farewell

Jax over at The Play Date Cafe gave some fab descriptive names for our colours this week… Plum, Pear & Mouldy Cheese!  Now what kind of card does that conjure up?!  Well I’ve been mulling this one over and I went from cute to elegant to cute to elegant and ended up this….
PDCC 116
This card is a CASE of this gorgeous card by Kelly Rasmussen, HERE.
IMG_0472[1]
Much as I tried to get this card design out of my head I just couldn’t so had to just go with it.  I hope I did it justice Kelly!!

Here is our sumptuous image for this week’s inspirational colours, love it!

image
This is a sad post for me today because two of my lovely teamies are moving on from The Play Date Cafe.  We are saying ‘adieu’ to Michele and Andrea.  I say adieu because it won’t be goodbye, we will stay in touch.

Elegance is what Andrea’s cards are all about, they are always beautiful and polished. Andrea is such a gentle and supportive person, truly caring and very calming in her nature.  (I need lots of people around me like that lol)  My favourite memory since knowing Andrea was when she was helping me create some wording for my business cards and she came up with the ‘gem of a card’ from Ruby 2 Shoes!  I love that!!  It’s great that my business cards have a bit of her stamp on them!

Michele’s style is fun and cute and I will never forget when she had not been on the team very long and she had been driving out in her car and heard the song, ‘Ruby, Ruby, Ruby’ by The Kaiser Chiefs.  It prompted her to go in and buy me a copy of PaperCrafts Stamp It magazine and pop it in the post all the way to little ole me in the UK, a magazine I go back to time and time again!  Thanks Michele!  Michele’s fun personality is contagious and she has the ability to bring clarity to ideas/situations, a great person to have around! 

I’m going to leave you with pictures of creations from my lovely teamies of my favourite projects that they’ve both done.  I will miss you both, but let’s stay in touch in wonderful blogland.
image
image
Don’t forget to pop by the main blog to see what prizes are up for grabs from our sponsor of the week…
image
Also you will want to pop round and visit all of the other girls to see what they have been up to and make sure to visit Andrea and Michele’s blogs in particular to wish them all the very best in their ongoing paper crafting adventures!!





15 comments:

  1. I am a total mess now! LOL! I cannot hear that song without thinking of you! One day, maybe as soon as next year, I'll come with my hubby on one of his Europe trips and we'll meet up :) Can you meet me in London if I come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your card is very cute. Now, I going to see other cards!

    regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! Ruby!!! You are just amazing! My jaw dropped when I saw your card--GORGEOUS use of these colors! I just love that design paper! And your flower--WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...LOVE LOVE LOVE! And LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO PRETTY Ruby! I just got this hero arts flower recently, love it! Your card has given me inspiration for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Ruby! Love that paper, it fits the colour challenge to perfection! Love the elegant feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby, what a sweet and thoughtful farewell post! Nicely said! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! FAB papers and FAB flower! One of my FAV cards you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby, this is a touching farewell post to Michele and Andrea! I love your tale of Michele hearing a song with your name in it. What a great random act of kindness!

    Love your CASE of Kelly's card. You did it justice!

    And to answer a question you asked me a little bit ago, I do not have Skype yet, but want to do it. I think my laptop has a camera, though I've no idea how to turn it on! Need to research that. I would love to talk to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, gorgeous card with mouldy cheese and all! ha. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card Ruby! Yes, it is always sad when our team mates move on!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! You have been busy, lots of fabby creations girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Ruby. I love the scattered bling~just so! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Ruby, you nailed it with that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elegant is right, girl! Wow! And that flower has me speechless! Such a beautiful take on the color story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved