Saturday 7 January 2012

A bit of hot pink

Today I have a bit of hot pink to share with you.  For our latest Color Me Creative challenge we are using hot pink, black and white as our colour story.
CMC 0112-1
OUR SPONSOR FOR THIS CHALLENGE IS

The DT girls were all given some images to use (Thank you GuyLou’s for sponsoring us!)  I got this elegant lady all dressed up, hopefully with somewhere lovely to go!

Can I just say that pink Copics are REALLY tough to blend, I used RV17, RV13, RV11.  I do have RV14 which would have helped but do you think I could find it when I needed it, na!  So plan B … work harder blending lol.  To blend pinks Suzanne (Dean) teaches in her Color Me Creative classes that you need to use a bridging technique where you take a lighter Copic to a darker one to get the colour that you need.  Sounds easy, huh?  Nope, it’s not!!!  I’m sure with practice this technique gets easier, but phew this card was hard work!

After colouring the image I needed to do a bit of a cover up!  You see I have a really bad habit of doodling around the edges of my images when I’m colouring.  In this case as I was doing my bridging technique I was scribbling around the edge to clean my pen off and then had some serious covering up to do!  Enter the black flourishes (Sizzix ‘Vine’) and flowers (Sizzix Flower 3d).  I love how mistakes in card making can become happy accidents!  The sentiment is by PTI, ‘Communique Curves’.  The Nestabilities are Labels 23.  Other Copics I used were C9, C7, C5 and C3 for the hair/shoes and E11, E00 for the skin.

One of my New Year resolutions is to work harder on my Copic colouring.  I’m signed up for all of Suzanne’s classes so need to get cracking with learning some new techniques.  She also does DVD’s now so I will be ordering those and then I can replay to my heart’s content.
The rest of the DT girls have used various images using the gorgeous retro colours so pop by and visit them, see links below, and also say hello to our Guest Designer, Wendy Keenan of Lolly Dolly Crafts and leave her some love too.


Your challenge this time is all about

** RETRO FUN--Hot Pink/Blacks/Whites**

Show some retro fun by using a hot pink-black-white combo!  Pull out your fave image & give it some funky sass!
We want to see you use YOUR COPICS, COPIC REFILLS OR COPIC AIRBRUSH SYSTEM (Or ProMarkers if you have them)
Use Inspiration Pictures Below as well!

-Image MUST be colored with Copics or ProMarkers or Colored Pencils! 
You have until Jan. 19th at 8:00 pm EST to enter.  For information on prizes etc visit the main Color Me Creative blog.

I’m entering this card into the following challenges..

Card Crafter’s Circle – ‘Make it Colourful’
Crafty Ann’s – ‘Let’s Think Hot’ (my hot pink)
Sassy Studio Designs – ‘Use Something New’ (my new Authentique 6 x 6 paper pad for the background paper)

Oh yes and before I go I did promise a little simple thank you card in my last post.   I was in the fortunate position to receive lots of lovely Christmas presents but unfortunately didn’t have the luxury of time to make very detailed thank you cards so I came up with this simple design using Lawn Fawn’s Judy’s Blooms.
WEE 070112
Sorry for the picture, my lighting was really poor.  This is a mini 3 x 3 card, a simple stamp, colour and send card which is great when you’re pushed for time.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another mini card, for now have a good day/evening!

3 comments:

  1. Ruby, I think you're too hard on your Copic self! I was thinking what a great job you've done coloring this lady. :) The skintones look especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, your card is very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011-2012 most popular discount sparkle uggs boots online sale purple sparkle uggs very famous professional keep warming around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved