I love Thursdays, it's Play Date Cafe day. This is the challenge that pushes me beyond my boundaries quite often, especially when it throws in some pastel colours for me to work with!
This week we are sponsored by WPlus9 stamps and were very lucky to receive some gorgeous WPlus9 stamps to play with. I literally squealed with delight when they came in! They are FAB and I've wanted something like this for ages. Thank you so much Dawn!
Here is my card... I'm sorry the photo isn't great, I just couldn't get it to work so well for some reason.
This was our colour inspiration picture.
This was quite a quick card to put together, which is usually quite rare for me! Most of them take me a good 45 minutes to an hour to make (on a good day!) and then if you factor in colouring well you're talking days by the time I try and get it perfect! Oh to be a 'just let it go' kinda person lol.
You may be able to make out the smidge of grey behind my central die cut label, I added in lots of silver pearls to match the little metal playing pieces on the Monopoly board. Isn't it funny how some games can cause so many arguments. Monopoly is one of them, we had a friend who literally picked up the board game after HOURS of playing and threw it across the room because he wasn't winning lol. I turn into Boudicca when I play Risk, it literally is a risk playing with me!!! I get SO competitive, ridiculous behaviour lol. I refuse to play now, shame really - I'm quite good at it too!
- Die cut blue fancy frame
- Die cut two medium label 16 die labels, one in white, one in grey, offset as shown and attach to blue frame with pop dots
- Stamp two flowers, one in blue, one in coral. Attach the blue directly to the main label, raise the coral one with pop dots, attach pearls to centres in opposite colours
- Stamp a leaf in green patterned paper (use up those scraps lol)
- Before attaching the main panel with pop dots add some ribbon (coloured with Copics) and a small Prima flower
- Stamp the sentiment in the top right corner
- Add silver pearls to finish
in Alphabetical Order..
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
We also have Dawn Woleslagle guest designing with us this week. Pop on over to her and her team to see what delights they have whipped up for you. WPlus9 are giving away a stamp set of choice to the lucky winner! You will be spoilt for choice!
I'd love to see what you come up with for this week's challenge.
For your chance to win pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC75, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!