Monday 5 December 2011

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Are you singing yet?!!

It is though!  I just LOVE this time of year, it is my absolute favourite time of year. The build up is fab!  The dark evenings, Christmas lights and sparkle, the hustle and bustle and the lovely foods.  FAB-U-LOUS! 

Wendy over at The Stamp Attic gave me this fun little Hero Arts reindeer set to play with.  He just makes you smile, doesn’t he!

CdPt-CAS-SkBk
I combined a few challenges for this card, not something I do often, but the ideas just came together.  I really should do this more, it was fun!

First up is CAS-ual Fridays with their Tic-Tac Toe challenge where you have to choose three squares in a row. I chose scallops, kraft and aqua. 

image

The second challenge I used was this lovely sketch over at Sketchbook Saturday Challenge.  I used the snowflakes in place of the leaves and added the red ‘scalloped’ border using a Tim Holtz punch.

image
I played around with a new technique for this little reindeer, well new to me anyway.  I stamped some of the Limited Edition Ranger Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough onto my craft mat and then sprayed some Perfect Pearls mix that I had made by just adding a teaspoon of Perfect Pearls to some water in a mini mister and I then used it as paint onto card before stamping my image.  I did the same again for the reindeer using Vintage Photo and the Limited Edition Weathered Twigs. The effect is SO pretty in real life, it’s my new favourite thing now lol.  Here are a couple of close ups for you..
IMG_2566
IMG_2567
My third challenge is over at the Create: blog where you have to make a Christmas card.  I really needed to get a move on with mine so this is a great start!

I am going to link this up to Paper Issues, the current theme is Holiday Madness so I’m sure I will be adding more to this one very soon as the Christmas Card production line starts!  Why do I leave it to the last minute?!

You can buy all of the supplies for my card over at The Stamp Attic and don’t forget to check out the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas while you’re over there.  Wendy has some great offers on at the moment when you buy those supplies.

Hope you have a fun day!







8 comments:

  1. This card looks fabulous! I love the little bow! Really inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute reindeer is right but he is even cuter when you get hold of him Ruby, love what you have done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I love how you jazzed up his nose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that CAS card. The distressing looks like snow! Perfect for our challenge! Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Rudolph! Love your red nose. ;) And those distressed embossed snowflakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww! LOVE that reindeer! He looks so cute and cozy in that sweater... lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable... i love this sweater wearing reindeer. you made one fabulous card my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved