Thursday 27 October 2011

Play Date Cafe

Happy Thursday!  It’s half term here this week so we are just catching up with friends and chilling out so my post will be fairly short (well short for me that is!)

Here is today’s card for our The Play Date Cafe challenge this week, don’t you just love that blue?  So fresh.

PDCC 105
For some reason my card looks a bit wonky on the right but playing around with it in Photoshop doesn’t seem to be making much difference.  It’s weird because it’s totally straight in real life!! Quite a simple card from me this week as you can see.  A patterned paper base, with a cute little owl stamp.  The background behind him was created using the Hero Arts woodgrain stamp, something that’s been on my wish list forever so it was great to get to use it!  I’ve become addicted to Jinny’s bows, I love them so it got another airing this week too.

These are our colours, the suggestions are kraft/taupe, flesh and cadet blue.

image
Now you may know I’m a caffeine addict so I nearly did a coffee theme but for some reason my owl was calling to me lol, but then so are those coffees!!

The Kraft Outlet are our sponsors this week and are offering up a yummy prize!

image
Pop on over to the main Play Date Cafe blog to find out all about what you could win and to get some delicious inspiration from the girls too!

Don't forget I have a fab giveaway on my blog, click here to find out more!  It only runs until tonight.







10 comments:

  1. This is fab Ruby, love that sweet little owl, and the doily mat, these colours are gorgeous, I already know what I'm going to make for this weeks challenge, but as you said, it's half term and we are meeting friends today in town, Parkway here we come lol! Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Ruby!!!! I love the colors and you really colored the owl beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Ruby! Love the sweet little owl and your extra yummy bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card--You know how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE owls...and this little guy is making me smile and giggle:) LOVE him! Great use of the button and seam binding! LOVE your card:) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sweet card, Ruby...love that darling little owl and that 'Jinny-bow' is fabulous! Right on, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby your card is darling! I love that little owl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that little owl is adorable. such a sweet little card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this card is so cute! Love the owl and that pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute birthday card, I love the pearls around the outside of the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so glad that you're loving making those bows! You do them beautifully! And your card is just darling! LOVE that birthday background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved