Tuesday 11 October 2011

Paper Smooches & Stamp Attic

Hi there

I hope you all enjoyed the 'Operation Julie's Smile' on Sunday!  I popped around to everyone's blogs to comment, there was some serious inspiration to see!

Today I does love me some yummy Paper Smooches stamps so here’s a happy little mini card…
CMC 811-3
My fantastic friend Savvy aka Savannah O’Gwynn just made it onto their DT so I absolutely had to play along.  Way to go Savvy!!!!!  You wait and see what inspiration she brings, you will love it!

I used my Copics to colour my tomato.  I used to find my reds a bit difficult where they would also bleed over the lines, but I learnt a few tips and tricks from my online course that have helped.  I’ve started looking around at objects to help me figure out the placement of lighting, I’m not sure I quite pulled off the ‘roundness’ here but I still like him, he’s too happy not to!  Practice, practice, practice!  If you want to learn to colour but prefer non-virtual and live near San Jose, CA you could sign up for one of Suzanne's classes.  She has a couple of spaces free on October 22nd and 23rd.  Click here for more information.

image
This is the inspiration pic…
image
Today I’m also sharing a card over at The Stamp Attic.

Darcie's Birds in Nest
For full details of supplies for this card pop on over to The Stamp Attic blog, supplies for my tomato card are listed below.

Before I go I'd like to say a very big thank you to my friend Laurel Beard who runs Lawnscaping Challenges.  She won a new Scor-Pal and sent me her old one as a gift!  Isn't she lovely!!!!  Thank you Laurel, I will have some fun playing with that, I've wanted one for ages, you're a sweetie. 

Have a great day!





8 comments:

  1. Such wonderful cards, both of them! Love the colorful patterned paper on the tomato-card =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet tomato Ruby, your colouring is fantastic! And I love those gorgeous birds with their umbrella, such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card with the bird and umbrella is sa-sweet! Seriously loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are just so cute Ruby! Great jib.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are adorable! LOVE your take on the SPARKS challenge, cute papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Ruby! Your colouring of the tomato is divine and makes him look so juicy. I love the colours and papers on your other card. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH RUBY!! I miss visiting your blog--I redownloaded it SEVERAL times! Sooooooooo sad! I just need to make sure I stop by every day:)

    LOVE LOVE LOVE that you gave me a shout out! THANK YOU!

    LOOOOOOOOOOVE this little stamp--and I LOVE your papers too! You nailed this challenge! You are super amazing!! LOVE YOU! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ps,,,,I LOVE how you cut around the tomato leaving a white edge--I cannot figure out how to do that! I always have 1/8" around and then it goes to 1/4"....and then I cut right on the line! LOL! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved