Thursday 21 July 2011

Play Date Cafe #91 & The Twinery

Hello there!

Sometimes there are just some really lovely people in the world.  My card this week is for one of them!  This friend of mine is always happy, a pleasure to work with and so very helpful and kind.

PDCC 91
Last week she made me some wheat free chocolate orange chip cookies (yes Sarah, I mean you!), so unexpected but a delicious surprise (SO my kind of friend!)

I may/may not have shared with you that I find negative people really difficult to be around.  I like to see the positive side of life and actually feel physically drained if people are really negative around me.  That’s what I love about Sarah, she’s full of life and full of fun!  You truly are one of a kind Sarah, I’m so pleased to have met you and to be able to call you my friend! (On a side note she has a great place in Cornwall that you can rent if you are ever down that way, so let me know if you need a break lol)

This week we say goodbye to our lovely Fiona :o(  She is such an inspiration and I will really miss her.  I love seeing what her latest creation will be.  This was one of my favourite pieces of hers, she'd based it on something she'd seen over at the Etsy Inspired Challenge when I was on their DT.  Do pop over to her blog and leave her some love, I'm sure she would love you to visit.


 I had seen it in the Etsy shop and I thought ooh to be able to make one of those would be fab, and then .. she did!!!  I'm so in awe!  Look after yourself Fee, keep in touch and I promise I will surprise you one day and make that crochet flower ;o)

colorsplash_choose
So.. my card.. well this week over at The Play Date Cafe it’s ‘Color Splash’ week and you get to pick your own colour splash!  Isn’t this picture fun?!  I have to say I always find our Colour Splash Challenges a .. challenge!  I like my colour SOOOO much it pushes me into a corner when I’m only allowed to use a ‘pop’ of colour!!  Anyway, I’ve been wanting to play around with this Lawn Fawn set for a few weeks, and thought that seeing as Sarah had made me ‘orange’ cookies I should use orange as my colour splash!

Here’s the how to..
  1. Stamp funky leafy image several times to create the background.  I used Versafine (my new favourite black ink - it's SO black!)
  2. Cut rectangular panel in white cardstock, and a larger one in orange
  3. Stamp sentiment on the white panel and mat onto the orange panel using pop dots
  4. Round the top corners on both panels
  5. Wrap some black saddlestitch ribbon around the lower edge of the panel, attaching with scortape
  6. Wrap orange baker’s twine around the panel.  Tie on an additional triple bow
  7. Add prima flower to the centre of the bow
  8. Attach the completed panel to the base card to finish
  9. Stand back, look at the card and think to yourself, uh oh that might be just a tad more than a ‘pop’ of colour, oh well!
Our sponsors this week are The Twinery.  I really love their twine, it's so soft and it comes in lots of gorgeous colours, especially this orange-y one (or Mandarin as it's officially known!)  The green one is another of my favourites.

Our colour splash challenges are normally really popular so keep creating to give yourself more chances to win!

For more information on the prize and to see what pops of colour the other girls have chosen visit our main blog here.

If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC91, and remember to stick to black and white as your main colours with just a splash of colour to be eligible to win this week's prize!

I will be back with some more Summer Card Camp fun tomorrow.  I’m gonna miss that course!

Ciao for now!

Supplies:

Stamps: Lawn Fawn 'Blissful Botanicals', PTI 'Signature Greetings'
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: The Twinery baker’s twine, Prima rose, black ribbon from stash


16 comments:

  1. Miss Ruby - there is no need to feel under pressure to make that flower - it will happen when/if the time is right ;) Thanks for your lovely wishes too! And I love your card and your 'splash'of orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Ruby! LOVE that stamped back panel and of course your beautifully embellished, Twine bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Ruby - what a fantastic card this week! I love that leaf background and your pop of color is delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ruby as the owner now of this gorgeous card I can tell all your followers that the card is even lovelier in real life - just like it's designer. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it's even better in real life (Sarah) - what a beautiful card Ruby!!!! I love the flower and the twine - perfect combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet card...perfect!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby, thanks for your honesty about negative people. I have to agree with you! I also feel drained physically being around someone who is veeeeery chaotic, loud, and boisterous. Sucks it all right out of me!

    I love what you did with your color splash; not even a hint of discomfort shows! And those cookies you received sound delish; what a good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. someone pick me off the floor because you just knocked me off my couch!!! FABULOUS card!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that background and the flower as a centerpiece...crocheted or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the cards you have on your blog! I especially like the twine on this one.
    Great to see you at Paper Issues and look forward to seeing lots more of your awesome work!
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards as usual Ruby! Love the colors!!!!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby, Your card is just so GORGEOUS! LOVE the design and your splash and the FAB twine! SUPER card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is probably one of my favorite cards from you Ruby...the twine/flower accent is just divine and the design of your card compliments it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable...love,love,love the bundle of twine behind your flower! By the way your flower frog/card holder is sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Ruby, I love the wrapped twine bow, stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved