Thursday 7 July 2011

PDCC 89 & The Craft’s Meow

It’s Thursday, which means time for another great week of colour inspiration from The Play Date Cafe!

You are the fairest of them all!  Yes, you!  Go take a look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how gorgeous you are lol

Now that you know you’re gorgeous come and check out one of these fabby stamp sets from The Craft’s Meow!  The design team were really fortunate to be sent some free stamps from them and I got one that I can colour, which as you know is my new favourite thing! 
This week’s challenge colours are pastels, a real challenge for me personally with my bright colour preferences, so I had to work a bit harder with it, but it gave me the chance to use some of my pastel Copics.

PDCC 89

This is the colour palette that we got to work with.  Now I know you’re all going to ooh and aah over it because it truly is very pretty, but for some reason I just struggle with pale colours.  I wonder if personality is linked to colour, if so I must be really loud!!

story89

Jax describes these colours as mint, buttercream and taupe.  This card is pretty self explanatory so I won’t go into much detail other than to say I did my first bit of ground work.  I used three different shades of tonal colours, T1, T3 and T5 and then used my blender to remove some of the colour.  I’m due to do a lesson on this at some point soon so it will be interesting to see what definition can actually be added.  Her socks look a bit yellow in this picture but they are actually more of a vanilla colour in real life, you will just have to take my word for it Smile
TCMBadge
Big thanks to The Craft’s Meow for sponsoring us and the prize winner too.  For more information on the prize and to see what the other girls have come up with for this week’s colours pop on over to the main blog here.

Our Guest Designer this week is Nicky Hsu so don't forget to check out her lovely creation too! If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC89, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!

Supplies:

Papers: MME Stella & Rose 'Mabel', Bazzill cardstock 
Dies: Nesties
Accessories: Buttons from stash, twine, white Signo pen
Copics: As shown below





13 comments:

  1. Lovely Ruby :) Love the way you anchored your design to the background with the mint blocks - and fab colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ruby, been loving your cards lately, you are so good with the copics!
    I haven't made any cards in ages, just got busy with other crafts, but I keep seeing your blog posts and think, I really should get back to making some cards, especially as we have some BIG family celebrations coming up this summer!!
    I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Ruby...that image is colored in beautifully! Awesome job with the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sweet card, you've done an amazing job on the colouring, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You used A LOT of copics on this gal--I never knew it took that many! What a great job of coloring you did--fabby! I LOVE your patterned papers--they are a perfect match to our colors! YOU ROCK!

    ps...I'm free this weekend--if you see me on skype, CALL:) I miss you! Hugs to you and Tinks! Tell Ian we said HELLLLLO:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So SWEET!!! WOW your colouring is so FAB!!! AMAZING card Ruby!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, what a sweet card and LOVE your coloring!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a super sweet & cute card...your coloring is fabulous! so excited to be on the PI Creative Team with you girl! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!! She's a little sweety, love her littel dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one adorable lovely image colored perfectly, Ruby! Love her green dress and little yellow socks...so CUTE!!! Take care, hugs!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely the cutest, Ruby! What a fabulously colored, darling image; and I love the way you've framed it with those patterned, paper panels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to start taking Copic lessons from YOU, Ruby! You did a fab job, and just look at all those markers used in the mix. Wow. Even though you say pastels are not 'you', you still managed to rock the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved