Saturday 2 July 2011

I have issues – Paper Issues!

Guess what!!  I made it onto the Paper Issues Creative Team!  I’m SO excited. Woohoo, I’m doing the happy dance!  I am joining some really talented girls so thanks Cassie for inviting me to join the team :o) Pop on over to the blog to see who else is being added, you’re in for a treat. I’m looking forward to joining in on the fun!

PI 020711




Paper Issues Blog Design


The latest challenge theme is to create something red, white and blue, so I thought that I would make a card for the US girls that will be celebrating Independence Day on Monday.  I have worked with lots of US teamies during my various DT roles, and wanted to celebrate with them somehow.  I know there are a lot of US gals on the Paper Issues team, so this is for you too!

I thought I would play around with the idea of rainbows.  I won a gift certificate over at DeNami a while back and haven’t got around to inking this up yet.  My rainbow’s colours are a bit random but that’s one of the things I love about card making, it doesn’t matter does it?!  They say we are the artists so anything goes!

This close up shows a bit more of the dimension..

PI 020711(2)

For this card I started off by tying a big blue bow around the card and then created the little panel.  I stamped a cloud on the top right, added a paper pieced rainbow over the top of it and then added another cloud and the little Copic coloured chick in the balloon, with pop dots to give added dimension.  I’m not sure if everyone calls them ‘pop dots’, but basically they are the little foam pads, I somehow got into the habit of calling them pop dots and the name has stuck!  (I've had a few people give me puzzled looks wondering what I'm talking about when I mention them!)  To finish I stamped the sentiment, rounded the top corners of the panel and attached it with more pop dots.  I also rounded the top corners of the card base to match.

Tip: I didn’t have the right blue to match the ribbon, my blue was a bit dull,  so I just stamped my rainbow onto white cardstock (suitable for Copics) and coloured it in with a blue Copic to match.  I just put a dot of each of the closest colours down onto a piece of scratch card and then held it against the ribbon to see which was the closest match.. voila, your own hand coloured cardstock. I love that you can use your Copics for more than just colouring images.  Have you tried colouring in embellishments yet, or your ribbon?  It’s great to be able to colour co-ordinate ribbons and things with your cards.

So if you’ve got nothing to do pop on over to the Paper Issues blog and check out some of the talent over there!

Happy blurfing!

Supplies:
Stamps: DeNami Design ‘Rainbow’ and ‘Chickie in Balloon’ , Hero Arts ‘Sky’s the Limit’
Accessories: Ribbon from stash, assorted cardstock scraps
Copics:
PI 020711 CP

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You must be thrilled and I am very happy for you!!

    I booked the blog and the Etsy store so I can be sure to stop by! :)

    Happy Crafting!!
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS, Ruby!!! I was going to try out for this team--wish I would have!! We would have had a blast:)

    LOVE this card--super cute image and the white space is perfect! LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring too:) YOU ROCK! HOOOORAY for your new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, big congrats to your new DT assignment, Ruby! How fun for you! Very CUTE card with great coloring...take care!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhooi,,
    Wow,, This card is a good, interesting and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE card, Ruby! Makes me so happy to see you out your DeNami stamps- I always enjoy seeing what you create with them! :)

    Posted this card to the DeNami FB page; it was too cute not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Ruby!!!! SO happy for you girl!!! LOVE this red white and blue card...PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby, I am SO HAPPY for you! You are such a busy girl, my dear. ;) I am off to visit Paper Issues and see what they're all about right now. OH, and don't worry about a red, white and blue rainbow....this week I have blue sunflowers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new DT position, and a fab card too! Love the red white and blue, teamed with the fab image and the textured card base - oh and I love the satin ribbon, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Ruby! This card is so flippin' cute I can barely stand it!!! :) :) Excited to be on the Paper Issues DT w/you and am now adding your blog to ones that I follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Ruby! You go, girl! LOVE this adorable, Independence Day card, too! How sweet of you to think of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card and a great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Ruby! Love your card! So glad to be on the PI team with you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved