Saturday 9 July 2011

Color Me Creative – Favourite Colouring Technique

Yay, it’s the weekend, I LOVE the weekends, time for a bit of laziness and some serious cardmaking too!

We have a new challenge over at Color Me Creative, to use your fave colouring technique.  Now being a newbie I don’t actually have that many under my belt yet, but I really like blending and feathering.

CMC 711-1

I started my flower with the intention of using the feathering technique, but as I worked from the dark colour one side into the centre, and then from light into the centre on the opposite side I started to really like the accent that the white space created and decided to leave it.  I  guess I’ve just really blended! Below is a close up of the flower.. ok so it’s not technically correct but I really like the effect of it.  What do you think?

CMC 711-1 (2)

Do you like that stunning flower image?  It’s by Tiffany Doodles, our sponsor for this challenge, her digi images are just fabulous.  I used to be on Tiffany’s design team so it was really lovely to get the opportunity to play with some of her digis again.  I’ve missed her!





Original Digital Stamps



As soon as I was asked to choose an image and saw this one in her shop my face lit up, isn’t it just gorgeous!  What’s fun about digi images is that you can resize them too.  This particular digi stamp also comes with a Nestie compatible border, see image below, which I would have used if I hadn’t wanted to try out this technique from Jennifer McGuire where you create a little window using acetate.  I haven’t tried this technique before, but it’s so lovely seeing the reflection of the little pearls on the inside of the card inside, I love it.

succulent-2

For my card I used Week Two’s colours from the Summer Card Camp series which I’m thoroughly enjoying.  We are already half way through the camp,  it’s fun having something in your inbox each day to inspire and motivate you into action!

week2-colors

Now these are my kinda colours!  YUM-EE!!! 

So pop on over to each of the DT to see what they’ve chosen as their fave technique, there’s LOADS of loveliness to see!

Charlene Randall
Brook Guinn
Anary Baumgarth
Melanie LaBelle
Marie Gamber
Ruby McGuire (that’s me!)
Pat St. Martin
Jenn Cochran
Michele Spera
Sandie Dunne

Supplies:

Stamps: Tiffany Doodles ‘Succulent’ digi image, Lawn Fawn ‘Blissful Botanicals’, PTI ‘Damask Designs’ 
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, Cryogen
Accessories: Prima ePearls, Signo Uni-Ball White Pen
Copics:
CMC 711-1CP


7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Ruby! That flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colouring, with the zigzag stripe of white left on each petal, is really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful window card! Love that digi stamp. You colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful flower--you are top notch with coloring! I must take some lessons from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, this card is gorgeous! I love the mix of stamps from different companies and your colouring on that flower is beautiful. I love the acetate window, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, this is gorgeous and I love your technique.

    Isn't Summer Card Camp fun. I cannot wait to see what you create this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean & simple feel to this Ruby and great summery colors too. Colored wonderfully as well--good job on that beautiful flower!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved