Thursday 23 June 2011

PDCC 87 & Stampendous

Happy Thursday!  It’s nearly the weekend, yay!

We spent most of yesterday at the hospital, my poor Tinks (11yr old daughter) has injured her knee.  It’s been going on for about 10 weeks now, so it’s an MRI next week for us, hopefully we will get to the bottom of it soon.  She can’t weight bear, she’s on crutches at the minute, bless her.  She’s so sore.

Anyway, enough of my news. What do we have in store for you today over at The Play Date Cafe?  We are being sponsored this week by Stampendous and I was lucky enough to get sent one of their new Fran•táge collection stamps, Cling Dragonfly Vine. 

PDCC 87

This is a very different style for me.  I love what other people do with these stamps but I was a bit unsure at first what to make so I decided to have a play with some distress inks and pulled out some silver embossing powder.  I haven’t used silver for SO long, it was fun just playing around with our colour story this week to see what I could come up with. 

For this tag I simply die cut the tag and using Versamark I stamped the dragonfly (twice, once completely and the second time just for the wings) and embossed in silver.  I then smooched over some distress inks, spritzed with water and then once dry added another layer.  I then cut the wings out and attached with pop dots, finishing off with the ribbon and ePearls.

Thanks for sponsoring us Stampendous! It’s always good to step outside of your comfort zone and try something a little different.  I keep looking at magazines and seeing the gorgeous techniques for building your own papers with inks and spritzers etc, so it was about time I just got on with it!  I'm really pleased how it turned out, Tinks said she thinks it's beautiful, which is quite a compliment from her, she doesn't hold back lol

This is our colour story..

story87

The red beads remind me of a necklace I had when I was Tink’s age, I felt like a million dollars when I wore it!!  Thanks for the happy memory Jax!

Our Guest Designer this week is Stephanie Severin and there's a great prize up for grabs. Pop on over to the Cafe for more information and to link your post.  If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC87, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!

Don’t forget to pop by all of the girls’ blogs too, they have loads more inspiration for you.

Ciao for now!

Supplies:
Dies: Go Kreate ‘Concentric Tags’
Stamps: Stampendous ‘Cling Dragonfly Vine’
Inks: Ranger Distress in Stormy Sky, Black Soot and Barn Door
Accessories: ePearls, ribbon from stash

10 comments:

  1. love the unique shape of your card Ruby! and love the wings and the beautiful red pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job Ruby! This would've stumped me, but you are obviously awesome!! The colors are so rich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous job with that image, girl! And who can resist that big, bold, lucious ribbon to top everything off?! WOW! I hope ya'll find out what's up with Tink's knee soon... Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ruby and I sure hope your daughter gets some good news! Poor thing, hope she feels better.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tag!! Love the colors and the details and I'm really starting to like that dragonfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruby! Just had to nominate you for an Irresistibly Sweet award.... check it out!
    http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post.html
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your daughter's knee, Ruby! I certainly hope that improves soon! That is one fantastic tag! Love the effect with the distress inks and emblossing powder! And you topped it off with a striking red bow...LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful, Ruby...I love how you colored the image and that big, red, satin-y bow is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant-I love the pops of red strategically placed! ;) I pray your daughter feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, silver embossing powder would be fun to play with, love that you've stretched your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved