I hope you’ve been having a good week. I could sleep for England (as they say over here in the UK!) I’m really tired at the minute.
Well, it’s time for another Play Date Cafe challenge. The colours this week are sure to make you happy, they are really bright and fun!
I made this card on Tuesday, my best friend was over and I really wasn’t in the mood to make a card, but with her gentle ‘nagging’ this is what I created! She is just the best, whenever I am ‘stuck’ for colour she just happens to bring along something as a little pressie for me that just works out perfectly! See those little flowers, those were my little pressie this week, how fab are they for a colour match for this week’s colours?
These are the yummy colours, how happy are these? They just conjure up summer, don’t they?!
I thought it was about time I got out my little ‘friendship jar’ set out again that she bought me for my birthday last year. I just love this little set, it’s fun to stamp up and cut out too. The intention of getting this set was to make up little jars of jam/chutneys which I would then label to give away as gifts. What actually happened was I made up a fabulous Apple & Blackberry Jam recipe that we all loved so much we ended up eating it for months and only gave away one jar lol. I always thought jam was one of those things that you needed special kitchen utensils for.. the preserving pans and all the gadgets, but actually the recipe I found online is simple yet delicious and not a single preserving pan in sight! So delicious that we will definitely be making it again this year, but maybe this time we will need to make (and give away) more than we eat lol.
I don’t know if any of you remember but for my Play Date Cafe posts I used to do little bullet points of how I made the card, with a little twist on one of the bullet points about something that might have gone wrong, or that I found funny. Well I haven’t done that for a while and I know Sav loves them, so this one’s just for you Sav!!
- Stamp background using various mini ink pads to colour text circles, try to get a mix of two colours on some of them to make it look a bit more random
- Die cut orange label in chevron pattern
- Stamp jar using turquoise polka dot jar
- Using pink inkpad stamp piece of card using the polka dot jar stamp and then die cut using limitless layers die
- Die cut jar lid and frill, stamp jar lid in black and frill in pink
- Die cut jar label, stamp turquoise outline and sentiment in centre in black
- Punch two blue borders and attach either side of the the polka dot panel before adhering to the card base
- Using glossy accents attach some little flowers to the jar before tying on some baker’s twine
- Stamp jars again many times so that you have an excuse to make some more yummy jam, but remember this time it’s for sharing!
Well I hope you join in on our fun colour challenge. Our sponsor and Guest Designer this week is the lovely Tami Mayberry. For your chance to win her fab prize pop on over to the Cafe for more information and to link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC86, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!
Our girls have come up with some lovely bright and cheery cards for you this week, pop on over to each of their blogs to see what delights they have in store for you. You’re sure to be impressed!