Thursday 9 June 2011

PDCC 85

Hi there. 

I’m sorry I’ve not been around much this week, my internet and phone lines have been on and off, mostly on when I don’t need them and off when I do!!  It was a bit hit and miss whether I’d make this week’s Play Date Cafe colour challenge.  I still haven't got a phone line/internet so I'm trying to pick up a connection on a wireless stick, but I'm not getting very good service, it keeps cutting out.  Even my photograph isn't great.  If I can get a better picture I will try and update it.



story85

As you may be aware I did my last scheduled colour challenge last week and Jaclyn Miller is going to be doing them going forward.  Oh boy do we have some beautiful colour stories lined up for you!  With Jaclyn’s graphic design background she is going to blow you away with her colours, they are beautiful.

I seem to be in an all or nothing stage, I either have dozens of ideas or none!  I coloured my little cake image, but it didn’t seem to matter what papers I tried it just wasn’t working.  I then decided to strip it all right back and leave it as simple as possible.  I offset the sentiment to balance the wonky cake.  I’m still not keen on it really, but sometimes you just have to let it go!  Something I’m not so good at lol.

I'm sorry the information I'm supplying is limited, but I'm working on an internet connection that's a bit shaky so want to just get as much posted as I can before it dies again!  For more information on this week’s prize, our sponsors and the wonderful samples from my teamies etc pop on over to The Play Date Cafe.

I hope you play along with us. I’m looking forward to getting lots of inspiration from you all, I need all the help I can get right now!

Supplies:
Stamps: Victoria Case for SCACD ‘Celebrate’, Lawn Fawn ‘Sophie’s Sentiments’
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock
Copics: See below, but just ignore that one of them is upside down, now that kinda thing drives me c-r-azy!
Accessories: Liquid Pearls 



9 comments:

  1. Naww Ruby, I think your CAS card is fabby - and that cake and it's colouring is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr how annoying without any internet!! Your cake card is fabulous, your colouring is perfect and it's such a funky design, it doesn't need the papers, its a beautiful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, You color very well with yours copic!

    you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your cake looks beautiful Ruby...I think that keeping it on a white background draws more attention to it, it's such a sweet little cake and so darn colorful! Don't be so hard on yourself...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, your card is delightful. I love the gorgeous coloring you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your sweet and funky, cake image! And your use of white space is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this wonky cake RUby!! Beautiful colouring! The white space works perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby, that's a shame you've had some trouble with the phone/internet lines. We rely on that stuff so much nowadays; you kinda feel lost without them! As for your card, I like your 'wonky cake' just as it is. By leaving lots of white space, you've really given it the attention it deserves. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved