Friday 3 June 2011

Flower Power!

Hooray it's the weekend!  I hope you've got a good one planned.  We are having a lazy one,  catching up with people but overall just relaxing, what weekends are all about.  I'm hoping to get some more practice in with my Copics and some time in my studio too if I can.

What do I have for you today?  Well, Wendy over at The Stamp Attic very kindly let me loose play with lots of Hero Arts goodies.  How lucky am I?!  You all know how much I love my flowers!

I ran a workshop there a few weeks ago and thought I would share one of the cards that we made.  This is a mini card, 11.5cm x 9cm.  Using Bazzill cardstock we cut a chocolate card base and attached it to the base card.  I rounded mine here, but in the workshop we left it just cut as a rectangle. 
HA 4411c

We used Ranger Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo) and Versamark with Stampendous Detail Embossing Powder (White) and Hero Arts Layered Flowers stamps using a watercolour effect to create the background.

I really love creating background papers, it’s so rewarding.  The little leaf makes a fantastic fill in too where it’s solid and small enough to squeeze into gaps. When I first bought distress inks I only used them for distressing and ageing edges, I hadn’t realised all of the different things you could do with them, they are SO versatile.  I will be sharing another card with you soon using them as watercolour paints, fun!

We heat embossed the flower on different coloured Bazzill to create a layered flower, using pop dots for dimension and adding a little ePearl in the flower to finish.  Before attaching the main panel we tied on a bit of chocolate twine.

Finally a stamped sentiment using the Hero Arts Find Joy set finished everything off.  I love the simplicity of just stamping a sentiment onto a piece of white card,  sometimes it just doesn’t have to be fancy, does it?!  This sentiment set is fab with all of the go to sentiments and this ‘Thank You’ is one I know I will use over and over again!   

I am running another workshop there on Monday 13th June, it would be great to see you there!

I’m back tomorrow with another Etsy Inspired challenge.



7 comments:

  1. Miss Ruby this is GORGEOUS :) Love the colours in this - it is so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors and design. super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card. I love those flowers!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely Ruby!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, how wonderful does that chocolate and orange look?? Did someone say Terry's? Delicious card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking card!! LOVE your 'homemade' background and that wonderful bold flower, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so, so gorgeous! I LoVe the background you created, and the card you designed using it ...STuNNiNG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved