Tuesday 21 June 2011

Butterfly Craziness!

Hello!

Well it’s official, I’m back in my butterfly mad zone!

I have been trying to play along with CAS-ual Fridays as often as possible so that I can explore the CAS style.  When I saw the challenge this week I just knew I had to play along and just couldn’t get the challenge theme out of my head which is ‘Color Blocking’.

It started with this card
CAS210611-7

and ended up like this…
CAS210611-ALL

I just couldn’t stop lol.  I’m slowly working through my Color Me Creative course and love colouring now, as often as I can.  I finished my final homework for Class 1 at the weekend.  I’m so excited about starting Class 2 and getting into the nitty gritty of Copic colouring.  I’ve learnt so many fun tips by doing the classes, how to blend, the rule of 3 colour, how to add shadows, colouring hair, different colour combos, highlighting etc and I’m starting to meet some lovely Copic addicts friends along the way.
Sometimes I feel like colouring, but not stretching my little brain too far so if I’m not sure what to colour then some evenings I’ve been colouring in these GORGEOUS Skipping Stone Designs butterflies.  I find it so relaxing.  I don’t have to think about it, I can just sit and colour and watch tv too if I feel like it!  So more about these cards..  This is the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week..

FotoFlexer_Photo-CFC7

This is what they said about it..

This week we are Color Blocking: place blocks, or areas of color, next to each other to form a cohesive design on your Clean And Simple creation.

I haven’t done colour blocking before so I just had to play around.  As I wasn’t quite sure where to start (I kept going back to something along the lines of the pink card below as a layout) I decided to use some of the DT members’ layouts as my inspiration, almost like mini sketches.

CAS210611-1CAS210611-2CAS210611-3CAS210611-4CAS210611-5CAS210611-6CAS210611-7

Which one is your favourite?  I think mine is the blue one, I love those little squares and that blue is so bright and vibrant in real life, and sparkly too where I’ve done it onto Cryogen cardstock.

You will be seeing more butterflies of a different type from me over the next few weeks.  I’m running a workshop using various types of butterflies over at The Stamp Attic on Monday 11 July and I’ve got a fantastic new butterfly and die set to show you too, you will LoVe it!

If you’re doing the Color Me Creative Classes pop by and say hi to me.  I’d love to get to know you and to learn more about Copics with you!  If you haven’t signed up pop on over there, you’re missing out on all the fun!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous Ruby! What a gorgeous set of cards and your butterflies are really beautiful! Glad you played along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The butterflies are gorgeous, and the color blocking really sets them off nicely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all just as cute as can be! I think my fav is the pink with dark wine or burgundy color!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great set of cards!!!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your rainbow of butterflies, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOOVE these, Ruby! I love love love your idea of the color blocks--and making a set with butterflies! CLEVER:) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful display of color blocking! I like them all, but I really like the blue one as well! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabby CAS cards Ruby! I loke the blue one as well, but I also like the orange and yellow ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful set, Ruby! My fave is the blue one as well; love how the blocks are laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh me, oh my! You have knocked the ball out of the park, Ruby!! I LOVE the use of color blocks in your set of cards!! Just the perfect interpretation! I'm so glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!oh.. I love them all, but my fav is the orange one since I have been in love with that color lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes! You've outdone yourself! No way I could possibly pick a favorite take! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card set!~ Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Butterfly cards Ruby!
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved