Saturday 5 March 2011

Cutie Patootie

Hi again

If you are looking for my Etsy Inspired Challenge post please click here

Well I'm back with my first card for the Color Me Creative Copic Challenge.  The challenge runs for two weeks so pop over to the web site to find out all of the details.  This week we have an inspiration picture and we have to use pink, green, cream/white.


For my card I used a little baby girl image from Pink Petticoat, called 'Sweet Treats', how cute is she?!!!  There were two types of prams that I could have chosen but I went for this one because I had recently watched a video on Suzanne's Beginner Class showing you how to colour an Easter Egg!  I thought it might give me some pointers in how to do curves.  Suzanne did a great job explaining it, but it doesn't mean it made it any easier to colour lol.  She makes it all look so simple, it's just about practice, practice, practice and actually you really can see an improvement each time you do it.  After doing four different versions, each one a slightly improved version of the last I finally managed to get it done!  I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.  I found the wheels a little tricky to colour, I had no idea where to place the light, but I guess all that comes with practice.  Every where I look now I'm looking at shadows and how they fall.  Even Ian keeps showing me different shadows on faces lol.

This is the inspiration picture..





Ooh is this the bit where I tell you what Copics I used?  How exciting....

Supplies..

Copics: R81, R83, R85, G20, G24, G21, E11, E00, E000, R20
Stamps: Papertrey Ink 'Baby Button Bits', Pink Petticoat 'Sweet Treats' digi
Dies: Nesties 'Fancy Frames' and 'Labels 16'
Accessories: Pink polka dot paper and cream paper from stash, stripey ribbon from Ribbon Girl, gems from stash, Ranger Distress Ink 'Peeled Paint'

Awww, that brings back memories of my little princess.  I can't believe she's 11 now :o(  We found out what senior school she will be attending in September, we are so pleased because she got into the one we wanted for her which is fantastic news.

Hope you like my little bambini, it's my new name for myself because I'm a bambini in the Copic world lol. Now blow the dust off those Copics and come and join in the fun over at CMC. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT, they have made some gorgeous cards.


Have a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Ruby, you did a fabulous job with your coloring. I wouldn't know you were even taking a beginners course. Your shading is deep and blended and I can tell where your light source is! AMAZING JOB! We need to get back to work with our practice sessions soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ruby, you did a fantastic job with the copic coloring...LOVE IT! Can you give me lessons...lol! Love the little baby image in the carriage...too cute! A very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, she is a cutie, your card is a beauty and I so love that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rubby ur did a great job on this image! I will get some pointers later! I loved how this baby looks lol. so cool to be with you on cmc dt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just to cute ! Love that big bow :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, practice, practice, practice!! But I think you're doing pretty darned great so far! Super cute little pram! My youngest is 12 now and I haven't the foggiest where the time has gone. I just know it's gone entirely too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE your card. The image is adorable and I love, love, love the big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby, I am looking forward to working with ou on our Design Team! It will be so much fun! I would like to extend to you the "Stylish Blogger Award". I think our DT members deserve it... your blog is great! If you would like to accept, stop by my site - read the info and grab your badge!
    http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER SUPER cute card! LOOOOOOOOVE the soft colors--and that huge ribbon! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby, when I hit your name on my blog, I get this site. What do I need to do to correct it? I come to this site when I hit your name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby you did a wonderful job coloring this image--I love to see the contrast and shadowing and you did it perfectly. Glad the videos helped & yes 90% of it is practice! So happy to have you on the CMC team with us all and your card is just beautiful!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, Ruby! This card is so, so sweet! I love it! I love that big, wide bow and your coloring is fantastic! You did such a great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved