You may be pleased to know (or perhaps surprised!!) that I got invited back to host a second colour challenge lol. This time I went for something a little less challenging! I made this card using a digi image from The Cat's Pyjamas that my gorgeous Tinks bought me for Valentine's Day, bless her. I love this little character Blobby. He just makes me smile, which is exactly what happened when I saw this week's inspiration pic!
These are just sooooo my colours!! Bright, happy and cheerful colours!! I found the picture on Julie Ebersole's blog and she very kindly allowed me to use it for this week's colour challenge. Thanks Julie!!! :)
I think I may have told you that I have recently signed up for a Copic Beginner's Course over at Color Me Creative, with Suzanne Dean, so I am now actually playing with my pens while also trying to master the art of digi! It takes me a while, but now that I'm colouring my images instead of paper piecing them I'm finding it a bit easier! As you can see I still need to work on my shading, but I think I'm starting to make a bit of progress. I have to be honest I'm a bit addicted, I'm looking to see where light and shadows fall in everything I see! Trying to translate that onto paper is a whole different thing altogether, but I'm told practice makes perfect and this girl isn't giving up very easily! I'm hoping to be a Copic Queen one day lol. All tips and help gratefully received!!
Here's how I made it...
- Mat card base with orange polka dot paper
- Print digi image, colour with Copic markers
- Die cut scallop circle in blue, and using a die cut a circle around the image (that bit is actually quite scary, what if after all that time colouring I mess up on the cutting?!! Phew, it was all ok, I could breathe again!)
- Using Notch die tool cut a line for the ribbon strip, tie around and add a Prima flower(another area for potential stress where your Notch tool could slip and Blobby would be in a right old mess!)
- Stamp the sentiment onto dotty paper and tear around the edges to add texture
- Pop dot the whole image to finish
- Stand back and smile at Blobby, isn't he the cutest with those wonky little pressies?!
Savannah O'Gwynn (Senior DT)Andrea Ewen
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
So pop on over to Maria's blog, leave her some love and our designers too.
For your chance to win pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC70, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!