Friday 14 January 2011

Card Patterns Sketch #97

Hi there

Happy Friday, it's the start of the weekend! Yay! I've not had the best few days with my back, so I have really enjoyed my time in the studio tonight creating this card, and my one for the EIC post tomorrow. It's such a great hobby for taking you away from what's bothering you, don't you think? Nothing quite like a bit of distraction!

This card was based on the Card Patterns sketch.  I always love these little patchwork type sketches, it's fun mixing and matching different papers.



For this card I dug out my Cosmo Cricket 'Pixie-licious' papers.  I then cut out two labels using my Nesties Labels 9.  I distressed the smaller one using 'Antique Linen' distress ink, and stamped some Waltzingmouse music notes ('Musical Backgrounds' onto it.  I then stamped the sentiment using 'Fancy Phrases' by Waltzingmouse, and tied on a ribbon which I'd coloured with my Copics.  I also coloured two little white flowers with the same purple copic, and finished off by die cutting a Papertrey Ink 'Signature Series' butterfly, and the smaller butterfly using my Martha Steward punch, all topped off with a little mini purple button.

Well that's it from me today, I will be back tomorrow with my Etsy Inspired Challenge card, see you then!


6 comments:

  1. Oooo Ruby I love this card the papers and colours look great and I love the sentiment as the focal point with the butterfly and bow I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! This is a super cute card--love those papers! LOOOOOOOVE them! And that butterfly is the perfect touch--you ROCK, Ruby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this RUby!!! I love that paper pack too, used it for my HA blog hop card. I so need to try this sketch...thanks for the inspiration! Hope your back is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Ruby! loving the gorgeous rich colours I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? Pixie-licious is the one Cosmo Line that I don't have and this card simply sold me on it...it is fabulous! I love the mix and match of colors and patterns! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, I love this patchwork card. Your patterned papers really coordinate well. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved