It's SO good to be back playing along in the Play Date Cafe. I really missed not being able to join in last week. My little princess is now heaps better so I'm back, yay!
This week we are being sponsored by Technique Junkies. Technique Junkies publish a newsletter every other month featuring 15 or more stamping techniques in a step-by-step format.
The technique we were asked to use is called Clipped Corners. You stamp your image and then trim back the corners on one side. I don't very often try new techniques so this was fun, but I'm not sure the outcome really worked. I made the card, then looked at it and thought it looks more like I've stuck the heart on instead of actually cutting it away. I have cut it away but it looked so flat I had to add a 3d layer. Is that cheating?? Probably, but it meant I could sleep lol
These are Sarah's challenge colours. Isn't that lamp pretty?!
I showed my friend the card and she just asked, 'where's the orange?' Well if you look closely you will hopefully see that I coloured in the centre of the blue flowers (given to me by Sav - thanks sweetie!) with an orange copic marker AND the centre of my pink ribbon has an orange dotted line. So see, my dear friend that doubted I had used all of the challenge colours, I SO did!!!!
Pat Huntoon, owner of Technique Junkies, is also our guest designer this week, so don't forget to pop by her blog too.
- Mat base with brown cardstock
- Stamp heart using Versamark, emboss
- Starting at top edge of heart cut away the left hand side of the card (in hindsight I should probably have trimmed less of the bottom of the heart (the actual card was as wide as the left edge of the heart) to make it work for the technique but if you read my 'ps' below you will see that this just wasn't an option!
- Cut oval nestie, stamp with sentiment and attach to heart, add a flower embellishment
- Punch border strip in white, add pink/orange ribbon and embellish to finish
- Moan to your other half that you're not sure it works for the challenge, but that you did do the clipped corner as shown, vow to do better next time!
Don't forget to pop by the rest of the design team to see what they've created.
Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC49, and don't forget to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!
Back soon with some more to share.