Thursday 25 November 2010

PDCC 57

Hi there everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating it! I'd love to hear how you all celebrate. I just have a normal Thursday today, doing the usual, but I'm hoping to get a bit of cardmaking in too. Sorry I haven't been around this past week, things are starting to slow up now so life should be a bit easier. 

Today I have a card to share with you for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, but first I want to say thank you again to all of our players, for without you we wouldn't have a challenge blog.  We love the creations you all submit, and I know I love to look to the submissions for inspiration too!

For once I'm actually quite pleased with how my card turned out!  Here it is..



Our sponsor this week is Stamp Attack who are giving away two free plates, with a $40 dollar value.  For more information check out our main blog.

We were sent some stamps of our choice and I chose 'Flourishes'.  I LOVE flourishes!  I needed to make a baby card, but not in the traditional baby colours so I rummaged through all of my papers to see what would match Sarah's inspiration picture for the week.  I had been mulling different ideas over, but it was really last minute that this came together.



I used the flourish stamps as my inspiration and then worked on from there.  I usually start by looking at my papers for inspiration, or various sketches, but occasionally it's the image that I start from, as in this case. I really liked the length of the larger flourish so tried to match the nestie up alongside of it.

Here's what I did...
  1. Rummage through papers to find a selection of ones to match the colour combination, try not to get too distracted (easier said than done when I see pretty papers!!)
  2. Cut grey patterned paper and mat to card base after distressing edges (2/3 across card)
  3. Stamp flourish onto brown patterned paper in coffee ink and emboss with clear powder, make slightly shorter than the grey to add a bit of layering, distress edges
  4. Die cut label in brown and grey papers, distress all edges
  5. Stamp smaller flourish onto grey paper, adhere to bottom section of label
  6. Wrap big bow around the label, attach to card using pop dots
  7. Stamp and cut out teddy bear, distress edges (It seems like I'm doing a lot of distressing!)
  8. Attach a silver button to teddy's tummy, with some twine tied to the centre beforehand, attach to label using pop dots
  9. Stamp the sentiment, distress edges and attach with pop dots to finish
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.

Andrea Ewen

It's Sue and Lisa's final week with us this week, so do pop over and leave them some comments.  I was saying to them yesterday that I can't believe where the time has gone.  It seems only five minutes ago since we all joined as a team.  They have both created some lovely pieces during their time with us and I know I will miss their inspiration.  Lisa's favourite project for me had to be the snowflake collection she made (see here), stunning!  Sue's favourite of mine was the pail she decorated here - wow, that must have taken forever to make!!  I look forward to seeing more of their creations as I hop around in blogland!


Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC57, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!
Have a special Thursday, whatever it is you are doing in your part of the world!


10 comments:

  1. I really do love this card! We are so used to bold and bright colors from you, but you do subtle VERY well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the design and the papers are wonderful. What a lovely idea to share one of our past PDCC projects. So happy to have been part of the PDCC with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Ruby! Love that bold, striped ribbon and that cute little teddy! Wonderfully designed and awesome use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST loooooooooooooove that teddy bear! SO precious:) I love your steps again--I always look forward to reading your steps:) LOL!

    I love your paragraph about Lisa and Sue--yes!! Time flies! And I TOTALLY agree--those projects you picked out are BEAUTIFUL! LOVE both of them:)

    Hope you are doing well! LOVED talking with Tinks the other day--love love love that she has an accent as well:) JEALOUS! Be blessed--and even though you are overseas...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! HOOOORAY for my favorite holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Ruby this is fabulous what a wonderful creation I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with my stamps.

    Stampattack Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby - thank you for your lovely comment about my card - it was a fun challenge!! I love your card - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the monochrome look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved