It's been lovely so far, I've been out for short country walks in the mornings with Lulu and I've got lots of jobs done that needed doing. Boring housey jobs, but I'm slowly ticking off the list!
It's Play Date Cafe Challenge day today, and we've got some fab colours for you this week, very much my colours, bright and cheerful!
This week's challenge was set by Sarah, this is the inspiration picture she gave us....
This was actually quite a challenge for me. I absolutely love the colours, but I couldn't quite get the red and orange to work together with the papers I had in my collection. I was a bit puzzled as to how to pull it all together. Enter my friend to the rescue!!! She not only came over to visit me on Monday so that we could make some cards, but she also brought exactly the right colour of patterned paper I needed. Can you believe that?! She didn't know herself why she even brought it. It was just meant to be!
The card itself was very straightforward once I had the right paper! Here are the details;
- Mat a white cardstock base with brown cardstock and then mat with patterned paper
- Cut out three nesties labels in colours as shown, distress edges of turquoise and orange labels
- Die cut butterfly, curl up wings before pop dotting onto label
- Add prima flowers to centre of butterflies body
- Tie ribbon before adhering butterfly label
- Give your friend a great big hug for being the bestest friend there is, and for bringing exactly the coloured paper you need, in the nick of time!
If you need more inspiration for this week's colours just pop on over to the main Play Date Cafe blog and check out what the rest of the DT did. We hope you'll join in with us this week!
Dies: Sizzix - Butterfly, Nesties Labels (?#9)
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, o Bunny
Accessories: Prima flowers, SU! stripey grosgrain
Have a great day!