Wednesday 14 April 2010

I've gone all dotty!

Hello!  'Tis me again!

Here is a card that I made for the Get Sketchy challenge.  I LOVE dots so when I saw this sketch it just had to be be done. 

So here is my card...  I just LOVE the yellow, red and navy together in this Basic Grey 'June Bug' range.  Isn't it a fab sketch?!!

On Saturday I went along to an Art Journalling workshop run by Sarah Anderson, one of the senior designers of the Play Date Cafe over at The Stamp Attic.  It was SO much fun!  I brought Natasha (Tink) with me and we had a great time playing with paint and generally getting very messy!  Sarah is SO lovely!  All of the DT are based in the US, it's just Sarah and I that are over here, so it was fab to meet her in person!  Sarah is going to share some photos tomorrow I think so I will come back and tell you more about it later this week.  I might even share a couple of my beginner pages with you, if I'm brave enough!  Speaking of Play Date Cafe the challenge for this week is nearly at an end, but you do still have time to enter so pop on over and show me what beautiful creation you can come up with using this week's challenge colours!

For this card I wanted to play with my new June Bug Basic Grey papers (which you will be seeing a bit more of!) Ooh these papers are just too yummy for words!! I also bought some of the new Tim Holtz die cutters from The Stamp Attic when I was over there. I LOVE that shop, it's not far from me and I didn't even know it was there!! My poor bank manager is going to be cursing the day I came across it!

Now if you look closely you will see a fancy label that I matted the sentiment on.  I came up with the idea of using the Tim Holtz border die as a label cutter.  Unfortunately I am absolutely hopeless at cutting small straight labels so my gorgeous, wonderful Ian (I have to big him up!) very kindly cut me out the fancy label.  Doesn't it look great though?!  I was so pleased with how it turned out.  I love it when you find other ways to use your crafting goodies! What different ideas have you come up with to use your goodies in other ways?

Dies: Nesties circles, Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' & 'On the Edge' Sizzix dies
Stamps: Woodware 'Jane's Script' sentiment
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey 'June Bug' 6 x 6 paper pad
Accessories: Kaleidacolour Creole Spice inkpad, Brilliance Aurora ink pad

That's it from me for now, my bed is calling me!  Back soon though!



3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love these bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you three had a blast--wish I was there! Can't wait to see pics!

    ps...love this card--wanted to enter this challenge...just haven't had time! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you interpreted the design and the colors are wow! The journalling class sounded like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved