It's challenge day over at the Play Date Cafe today, so make sure you pop over and have some fun. This challenge was an interesting one for me, black, white and only a splash of orange. Scary! I usually only do colour, colour, colour! My original card idea was absolutely nothing like this. I was going to go for animal print, but then I changed my mind at the last minute. Actually, it turned out better than I expected, but I enjoyed adding the orange on the card the most. I'm sure you'll understand why if you follow my blog and see all the bright colours that I normally use! I know PDCC is a challenge blog, but Sarah..no colour?!! Now that is a challenge for little ole me!!
Here is the card that I came up with.. The orange actually looks brighter in real life... now there's a surprise lol.
Here are the card details
- Pour yourself a drink, you will need one if you don't normally work with no colour!
- Cut out a black square, mat with black and white paper and adhere to the card base
- Cut out a black rectangle to put your nestie label onto
- Stamp your yummy 'You are fabulous' sentiment, colour in heart with orange Copic
- Using nesties cut out the sentiment, and cut a scalloped border in orange, stick together and raise using pop dots
- Using Martha Stewart punch cut out black border, and some black and orange butterflies
- Stick orange butterflies directly onto sentiment label, then fold black butterflies down the middle and attach. Lift their wings to give them a 3d effect
- Add swarowski crystals to each corner of the sentiment label, and an orange crystal on the last butterfly of the border
- Attach black butterfly border, raising alternate butterflies
- Grab some coloured paper so that you feel back in your comfort zone again, and be proud of yourself for rising to the challenge!
Paper: Black and orange Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey paper from stash, think it's Scarlett's letter,
Accessories: Swarowski crystals, Martha Stewart punch
I'm really looking forward to seeing this week's entries. I might learn some ideas of how to do monochrome as it should be done!
Pop by all of the DT's blogs and leave them some lurve. They will all love your comments just as much as you do I'm sure.
Suzanne CzosekHave a fantastic day and join in on the fun!
and of course our guest designer, with a fab set of stamps for a giveaway!