How has your week been? Mine has been tiring, but I've achieved a lot. I'm really ready for the weekend. We are over at some of our good friends for lunch tomorrow. It will be nice to chill out and catch up with them, whiling away a lazy Saturday afternoon. Lovely!
NB: Please scroll down for Card Patterns #56 & Daring Cardmakers 'how egg-citing' entry...
CPS Challenge Sketch #159. This flower was crying out to be cut on my Cricut machine, isn't that die cut sooo similar to the sketch?! I just couldn't resist. This card came together really quickly, that is until I stamped the sentiment. Well how that little stamp didn't end up being thrown out of the window I have no idea. It was the naughtiest stamp in my collection! Firstly, it kept missing different areas of the sentiment, so I would restamp it using my stamp-a-ma-jig only to find either I had double vision or I was drunk on something because I had double imaging!! So, you're probably thinking to yourself she obviously doesn't know how to use it, but I never have problems with any of my other stamps, just this naughty one!
Ok, so I moved to a different work surface in case the one I was using wasn't quite level. Great! That worked! However... I then had forgotten that what I thought was quick drying ink wasn't so having spent about 30 minutes faffing around getting the sentiment exactly as I wanted it I then managed to smudge it and have to start all over again! It must have taken me about 30 attempts at stamping the image before I got it right, but I was determined that card was going to have that stamp, I wouldn't be beaten by it lol. I just hope you all think it was worth the effort now lol.
- Cut terracotta rectangle in Bazzill, adhere to card base
- Cut out two more rectangles, one in teal, the other in Basic Grey patterned paper
- Layer as above
- Cut out a piece of Papermania cardstock and attach to back of layered panel leaving the little scallops to show as the border
- Cut flower using shadow and standard settings, stick together, embellish with swarowski crystals
- Stamp (once if you're lucky!) the sentiment onto cream cardstock, adhere to a larger teal rectangle, pop dot onto card
- Breathe a sigh of relief that you managed to finally get it stamped without any issues, and be proud of yourself for hanging on in there!
- Cut out a square of Cosmo Cricket paper, cutting the top to resemble little hills, distress edges, stick to card base
- Using oval nestie cut out egg shape, add a bow. Distress, pop dot and attach to hills
- Add cute little felt rabbit with pop dots
- Print out the words 'happy easter' using 'Sybil Green' font (size 24)
- Finish off by adding a prima flower with double buttons
That's it from me for today. I'm hoping to make a few cards over the weekend that I can share with you. Don't forget to check out Play Date Cafe's latest challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the challenge this week!
Have a fab weekend! ♥