Thursday 18 February 2010

Just Dotty


Hi there



This is just a quick posting because it's nearly 1.00am here and I realised I haven't posted a card I made for Lucy's Cards Blog Challenge #5 to use polka dot and Get Sketchy #25.

Lucy's challenge ends tonight so I'm hoping to get it in just in time, wheelspinning to the deadline in my usual style lol.  Her picture for the challenge inspired me to order lots of wooden dolly pegs to store my ribbons on.

I spent a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon with Natasha winding on ribbons around my new pegs.  We had a really good giggle doing it.  I hadn't realised how many ribbons I have, or that you could have so many ribbons and still not have the colour/width you need lol.

My Mum bought me this gorgeous 'trug' which I am going to store my little ribbons in.  Then once Ian has made the bobbin holder and bobbins I will have the best ribbon storage a girl could ever need, yay!!


I was trying to explain to someone what it was that I wanted to get, and had no idea that they were called trugs so couldn't find a single image.  When I went to buy it they told me it was called a trug and I was able to find this picture of it.  Sweet, huh?!

I haven't been the best blogger when it comes to leaving comments, but I will be blurfing over the weekend so will leave you some lovin' when I next pop by.  I haven't forgotten you all, honest!!

Ok, so I will leave you with the ingredients list, and wish you very sweet dreams, whatever time it is that you get to bed :o)

Dies: Quickutz word 'Celebrate'
Paper: K & Co Cara Marie Adhesive Paper Pad (ooh, I LOVE this paper!!!!),  dark brown, red, white Bazzill
Accessories: East of India polka dot ribbon, Craftwork Cards die cut sentiment



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! I love the mix of patterns!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby... WOW'za! You have a fantastic card going here... and LOVE the DP's you picked out! I have the same ribbon storage system... all my small and long pieces are wrapped around "wooden clothes Pins" as they call them in the US. Then I store them in glass jars by colors. So fun and easy to see the ribbon when I need it... SMILES! :)

    Great minds think alike!! Heee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, this is just a quick posting" exudes an air of immediacy and How Version Download informality. In a few words, it conveys a sense of brevity and purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved