Thursday 7 January 2010

My Best Friend

Hi everyone!

I would like to share a card with you that I made for the
Get Sketchy Card Challenge #19. I haven't done a challenge on this blog before but was inspired to join in when I saw the sketch. I am determined to keep up my New Year's resolution to make cards and blog them! I also want to keep doing challenges so that I move out of my comfort zones a bit! It's so easy to get stuck into doing the same old cards, don't you think? I love trying new ideas.

I had to be a bit creative with the four dots top and bottom though. If you look closely at the card you may be able to make out that I have three flowers at the top plus one itsy bitsy dot, and then a few itsy bitsy dots at the bottom, hope that counts lol.


I had fun with this card. I've been wanting to play with some chipboard pieces for ages. I always think they add such great dimension and this pack from Cosmo Cricket just couldn't be left behind at the shop, it would have been such a terrible shame ;o)
I've actually had the pack for a couple of months, but again another New Year's resolution is to use what I have before rushing out to buy something new. It's about time I 'shop' in my studio instead of spending more money!! I'm sure you guys all know exactly what I mean!

Let me know what you think of this card. I'd love to hear your comments, and also tell me how you are getting along with your New Year resolutions. One of mine was to drink more water. Well I have drunk more water, but I should have been more specific in saying I want to drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water a day, as I'm only up to about 2 or 3 at the minute! My goal for this time next week is to be at 6 glasses a day!
I hope your weather is good where you are, we have about 5 inches of snow here at the minute, but have everything we need so it's a great excuse to take some time to create. Yay!!


10 comments:

  1. What a cutie of a card....so springy and fresh feeling!! Great job with Get Sketchy 19!!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Can't go wrong with Cosmo Cricket! You did well with the sketch Ruby!

    I drink lots of water (it's terribly hot where I live)...drink 1 the very first thing in the morning when you wake up. That's the easiest first glass to drink because the body gets parched after a whole night of renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I absolutely adore your card!! I'm a huge cosmo cricket fan!! Thx for joining us @ get sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wonderful card... I love those papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous papers and love the card, I would have really struggled with that sketch but you have made it look effortless, Lovely :0)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love CC papers! It snowed here 10 inches yesterday and now the cold is moving in, high for the weekend is low teens (brrrrrrrrrrrr)! Thanks for commenting on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruby!!!! Happy New Year... :) So glad you are up and blogging again... I need all the inspiration I can get! And what a beauty of card with the Cosmo Cricket DP, and you ROCKED the sketch too! :)

    I like getting out of my box to and try new things, but I get distracted to follow a sketch and want to add MORE! Ha... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved