Sunday 2 August 2009

Tweet Birthday


Hey there everyone. I just don't know where the time is going at the moment. I must be getting old! I keep thinking I will blog a card but it never quite happens. I have another card to share with you this week though, and plans to make more.

This week over at the Corrosive Challenge Blog as part of the DT we were asked to make up something in the following three colours...

Aren't these colours great?!


Now, I don't know about you but I'm loving the name of that red!!! :o)

So, how has your Sunday been? I've been working this morning and then sorting out bits and bobs. I'm about to sit down with a lovely glass of wine after a long day, followed by a candlelit bath later with a good book (says she hopefully!) I have recently started to read the Twilight series of books. I wanted to know what all the hype was about. They are great! If you haven't read them and like that whole vampire thing then these are the books for you. I know they're meant to be for teens, but there's no harm in pretending to be younger every now and then, is there?!!

So for my card I stamped out a bird and coloured it in using Copics. I've still got a lot to learn about Copic colouring in. People seem to do it in so many different ways, some do it scruffy and others with a lot more blending. I really like the scruffy look on other people's cards but it SO doesn't work for me. I just want to tidy it all up!! So I'm going to have to work on it a bit more I think, but check me out I stamped a card!!! I know it's a rare occasion so expect a full round of applause when I actually make the effort lol.
I cut out two squares of card, one in 'Pumpkin Pie' lookalike and the other in 'Ruby Red' lookalike! I don't have SU! colours. Then I cut out another square in Basic Grey DP. On each of the three squares I rounded the top right corners. I matted these as shown in the picture.

I cut out a rectangle around the stamped bird in white using my Nesties, and a scallop in 'Bermuda Blue' lookalike. I then attached some black polka dot ribbon before pop dotting my Nestie'd bird. To finish the bird off I added the little square sentiment block that I'd got free from a magazine about two years ago. I stamped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment onto 'Bermuda Blue' card and rounded the corner, attaching it to the card with a brad and pop dots. Finally I punched out a SU! tab which I attached a couple of buttons to.

Hope you like it! I'd love to hear your feedback.

Don't forget to join in on the challenge this week, there is a prize to be won.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. I will add the recipe at a later date. My bath is calling me :o)















3 comments:

  1. it's a fabulous card! and that RUBY red is awesome. i love your blog page!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Ruby... your card is TWEET! :) LOVE the DP, yummy ribbon and the button treatment is working perfect! I know what you mean about where does the time go... It's been so hard this past month to post. The weather has been nice and with fall around the corner I feel I must enjoy as much of it as I can! LOL... :) Sweet dreams... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just lovely Ruby.
    Not seen you for a while so thought I'd pop over and say hi :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved