Wednesday 8 July 2009

Quick Man Card!


Hi everyone

I had set this post to go earlier this week, but mustn't have done it right! Have you all had a good day? My 'Sis' and her man are over, so I've not made any cards this weekend. (Yes, she is still talking to me after my comment on the royal card!)

Today's card is a quick male card. As you all know by now male cards aren't my forte. I always find mine look a bit naff somehow.

For this card I used my Basic Grey mat pad, cutting out two rectangles in different papers, then two squares, one larger than the other so that I could put '40' in it. I wrapped some dotty brown ribbon around the larger rectangle. As Heidi Van Laar puts it I 'fussy' cut the banner, once in cream and again larger in brown, which I then added the letters to. I love the way she says that because I hate cutting out small areas, so it always makes me giggle. Decoupage is one kind of card I would hate making, so hats off to all of you that have the patience for that! You should check out her blog, she does some amazing cards, I love them!

Dies: Sizzix 'Wango' Alphabet Set, 'Easy Peasy' Alphabet Set
Paper: Basic Grey 'Archaic' (I think!)
Accessories: Brown and white polka dot ribbon from stash

Soldiering on I will continue in my quest to make a great male card! I look to you all for inspiration :o)

1 comment:

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved