Wednesday 18 March 2009

Going Green!

Hi again

I was going to post this yesterday but it was a bit tricky because the card was for my Mum for St Patrick's Day and she is an avid reader of my blog, although she isn't an official follower. Shame on her lol. I am going to enter this into for challenge #3 at The Corrosive Challenge Blog. The challenge this week is to make a card that has green on, so this one is perfect for it!

It's another quick make, I cut out two rectangles, ran them through the embossing folder and rounded the corners. Before sticking them down I added in a couple of staples (got this idea from Nancy over at 'Scrap This'. Thanks Nancy ;o) Her cards are great, so bright and cheery! I then cut out the heart which I ran through the embossing folder too and then inked the edges. I cut out a little rectangle from Basic Grey paper and rounded those corners too. I stuck the green panels straight onto the card, then added a pop dot under the BG paper to raise it. I stuck the heart on and added the shamrock which I also pop dotted. Finally I stamped the sentiment in green. It's not that easy to see the layering here. Oh yes, I also doodled lines around all of the green card, but not the shamrock.

I took the photo in the garden for a change, it's been absolutely wonderful out there today. Why is it a bit of sun makes you feel so much better in yourself? :o)

Today has been yet another stressful day on the house front, we've have been 'exchanging' since last Tuesday and each day get told that 'today is the day'. Hmmmm, me thinks not! We still have a bit to go on the packing but we're getting there, thanks to my lovely Marmie (Mum) that pushes us to keep going. She's great, she really helps us get things done!

Well this is just a quick post now, off to direct the packing of yet more boxes! I will leave you with the recipe for the card;

Dies: Sizzix 'Hearts, Double', Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' Embossing Folder, Quickutz shamrock
Paper: SU! Glorious Green & Green Galore & white cardstock, Basic Grey Cardstock (spare sheet, sorry not sure what the name is)
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Happy St. Patrick's Day'


8 comments:

  1. Stop bloggin' and get packin' !!!! lol only joking, glad you have the time to blog when life is so hectic ! Bet your mum liked this one, it's super cool !
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ruby, I'm sure your mum loved it. Hope all goes well with the move.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! Did your mother like it?

    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet card. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing :)
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sooo super cute...I love the combos of green and the swiss dots...great job on the Green challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute card! thanks for playing:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color mix on the greens! Fantastic St. Patrick’s Day card... I love the CB embossing, staples (I forget to use them!) and the shamrock!! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved