Thursday 26 February 2009

Sweet Flourishes

Hi there. How's your day going? I am trying to get in a bit of blogging before we have to start packing for our house move. I am going to have to be one of those divas that directs everyone where to pack/put things because I can't do a lot with my back prob! I hate that though, don't you? It sounds wonderful not being able to lift a finger, but in reality I find it cringy. It makes me look really pretentious lol. I'm looking forward to moving but I hate all the upheaval, not knowing where everything is. I've already said that my craft goodies are coming in the car with us, nobody is getting their hands on them, and I can set up everything asap then! Mind you, I'm wondering how we will fit in the car with it all, there's SO much!

Anyway, I was asked to make an anniversary card for one of my Mum's friends, and I wanted to use some of the new downloadable papers by Pink Petticoat, called 'Sweet Flourishes'. I download a lot of the papers from there but only occasionally actually play with them. I don't know why, I just tend to turn to my 'tactile' papers first instead of my 'virtual' ones! They are great though because you can just match them up without having to leave the house because you've run out.

I decided to use the sketch #3 over at The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog because it had a flourish on it, which I could handily match up with my new papers. I printed out the cranberry white flourish paper, and cranberry solid colour. I love the flourishes that are out at the moment, I've just ordered one from SU. I'm really looking forward to using it. I've not been on this site before, but the winners cards look fab, don't they?!

Ok, sorry I'm digressing, so for this card I then cut out three rectangles, one in black, one in cranberry and one in white and rounded the top two corners. (I am SO excited, I bought an X-Cut Corner Punch and it actually works, it's fab, so you might see a few rounded corners on my cards until the novelty wears off!) I cut out a flourish in black using my Big Shot machine and attached this to the card, overlaying the white card. I cut a heart in Sweet Flourish, and the outline in black. I cut a strip in cranberry and used my SU scallop punch for the black and stuck this over the bottom of the rectangles. I then stamped (yes, I really stamped something again..I'm getting good at this!) the sentiment onto white card, and layered it onto black, and rounded the corners again. To finish I rounded the corners on the card, and added random swarowski crystals.

Dies: Sizzix 'Swirly' and Cuttlebug 'Hearts & Stamps'
Stamps: Penny Black 'Happy Anniversary'
Paper: Pink Petticoat 'Sweet Flourishes' & Bazzill Classic
Accessories: Stamping Up! scallop punch

Hope you like it. I've got a few more postings to come, I was having problems with Photoshop so couldn't upload, but it's all resolved now!


2 comments:

  1. Love your card - all those flourishes work really well together. A really great effect.

    Thank you for joining in the challenge at the Pink Elephant and hope you will be able to join in soon (if the removals don't tie you up too much).

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card!!! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at TPE!
    Robin
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved