Thursday 26 February 2009

Fred!

My next card has been made because our friends have just bought a new dog and called him Fred. He has been poorly treated but is now with two of the nicest people you could meet. I think he's a long haired terrier. We wanted to welcome him to his new home so we are sending a card with a little gift.

The name Fred is always a source of fun in this house. Natasha, like any other girl of her age, loves cuddly toys, but more specifically in her case 'Yoohoos'. Now for those of you who don't know what a Yoohoo is here's a pic for you.
They are rather strange, but cute somehow too.. I think! Well, she has 53 of these things now. Pocket money/birthday money/good behaviour money has all been wasted, I mean spent, on these adorable little creatures. Each time she buys one I get asked what she should call it so I always say, 'Fred'. I usually get the 'Oh Mummy' face when I say it of course! Well, when she asked me what our friends' dog was called she didn't believe me when I said he was called Fred, which we all found highly amusing!

This card is for the Cupcake Craft Challenge #28 this week. I like the simplicity of this sketch, it's handy when you need to make up a quick card.

I cut the dog bone paper into two separate strips, cut out an orangey strip of Bazzill for the centre and added paw prints. I then used my NEW(!) Nesties for the background for the dog, which I cut in Bazzill Bling and cream linen cardstock. I added the Cuttlebug dog using 'pop dots' (3d foam pads to you guys - you'll get used to me, I have weird names for things!) and added a little brad at the bottom right (see mini pic) using my NEW(!) Nesties again!! I love them, they're fab!



I had to take a little pic of this brad, don't you just love it! It's so cute! By the way that isn't a dirty mark on the card around it, it's just a shadow! The perfectionist in me would die if I had a mark on it! lol

Dies: Cuttlebug 'Kids 2 Step Dog' (Hmmm, didn't realise it was for kids, oh well, still love it!), Cuttlebug 'Dog' Die
Paper: The Paper Company Studio 'Paws and Claws - Dog Bones', Bazzill Classic/Bling
Accessories: Nesties, brad from stash

I'm hoping to post something else later, but dinner is calling me right now. Maybe see you later for another posting :o)

2 comments:

  1. this is a great card - what a lovely idea!

    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a nice card! I really love the colours.
    http://scrapoleket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved